The 50 user generated content stats that all marketers need to know in order to successfully work with brand influencers, improve brand loyalty, and increase eCommerce sales.
Repost from Lexy Wright
1. Influencer marketing is the fastest growing channel for customer acquisition.
2. Businesses make $6.50 for every dollar invested in influencer marketing.
3. 93% of marketers are seeing results in improving brand exposure through influencer engagement.
4. 75% of marketing pros consider influencer engagement effective in lead generation.
5. 76% of marketers consider influencer engagement effective in garnering customer loyalty.
6. 82% of consumers said they were highly likely to follow a recommendation made by a micro-influencer.
7. 74% of influencers tend to encourage their following to “buy it now or try it.”
8. 92% of consumers turn to people they know for referrals above any other source.
9. 88% of consumers trust online reviews written by other consumers as much as they trust recommendations from their personal contacts.
10. 84% of consumers say they trust peer recommendations above all other sources of advertising.
11. Word-of-mouth marketing generates more than twice the sales of paid advertising.
12. 74% of consumers rely on social media to inform their purchasing decisions.
13. People referred by loyal customers have a 37% higher retention rate.
14. 51% of marketers believe they get better customers from influencer marketing as the relationship began with trust in the influencer.
15. 77% of influencers claim that they are more likely to buy from their sponsors, becoming brand evangelists that way.
16. 59% of millennials claim that they use UGC to inform their purchase decisions about major electronics. That’s followed by cars (54%), major appliances (53%), mobile phones (46%), hotels (45%), and travel plans (40%).
17. 65% of social media users from ages 18–24 evaluate information that is shared on social networks when making a purchasing decision.
18. Millennials (ages 25 and above) are the biggest content drivers — contributing over 70% of all UGC.
19. 84% of millennials report that UGC on company websites has influence on what they buy.
20. 68% of millennials say that user-generated content is generally a good indicator of the quality of a brand or service.
21. Millennials are more likely to buy online (52%) than in stores (48%)
22. Millennials trust UGC 50% more than original content generated by the brands.
23. 86% of Millennials say that UGC is a positive indicator of a brand quality.
24. 71% of Millennials engage user-generated content daily.
25. Millennials find UGC to be 35% more memorable than content that came from mainstream sources.
26. 64% of millennials say companies should offer more ways to share their opinions online.
28. 74% of Millennials said that UGC inspired a purchase decision when booking travel over professional photos.
29. 83% of Millennials said that UGC inspired a purchase decision when buying electronics over professional photos.
30. 85% of Millennials said that UGC inspired a purchase decision when booking travel over professional photos.
31. Millennials use 2 to 3 devices at least once a day to consume UGC.
32. 98% of millennials are more likely to engage with a friend’s post over a brand post.
33. In the very near future, millennials will have the greatest combined purchasing power in history.
34. 64% of Millennials recommend a product or service on social media at least once a month.
35. Millennials spend 18 hours per day with media, and 30% of that time is spent looking at user-generated media.
36. UGC is 35% more memorable than other media, and 50% more trusted.
37. UGC-based ads get 4x higher click-through rates and a 50% drop in cost-per-click than average.
38. UGC results in 29% higher web conversions than campaigns or websites without it.
39. 64% of customers will not only value online reviews, but will actively seek them out before making a purchasing decision.
40. The consumer demand for UGC in the live gaming industry grows 122% year over year.
41. 67% of marketing professionals identify content promotion as the main benefit obtained from working with influencers.
43. 59% of marketers use influencer engagement campaigns for product launches and content creation.
44. 23% of marketing professionals consider influencer engagement strategic for SEO purposes.
45. Consumers on average spend 5.4 hours per day with user-generated content.
46. User generated videos on YouTube get 10x more views than content created and uploaded by the actual brand.
47. 41% of consumers only need to see between 1 and 4 UGC reviews in order to be influenced to purchase.
48. 25% of search results for the world’s 20 largest brands are links to user created content.
49. Spend for social media marketing campaigns have continued to grow over 25% year over year since 2009
50. 87% of brands use UGC for authentic (and free) content.